Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fitness Center FUN.

So, I have this weird-ish voice inside my head, that sometimes pops out of nowhere and then pops back into nowhere. It does, however, give my life a funny narrative sometimes. And life needs it. Just sayin'.

So today it had one of its little ta-daaaah!'s. I was on my way to the lockerroom in the fitness center. Which I, by the way, recently joined, just for the hell of it.
Two slightly overweight, uh, ladies stepped out, just when I was about to go in, when my insanely happy internal voice informed me: "FATTIES!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D"
I wouldn't accuse my thoughts of being boring politically correct.

I overheard them saying about 5 words about "having another month to tone up" or something, which led me to the question: Is it possible to speak of "toning up" when you have to lose 5kg+ before any muscles are visible? I mean, wouldn't it be, "losing weight" or "getting in shape" before "toning up"?
Don't get me wrong here, I actually admire fat people working out, trying to lose weight/get in shape. A lot. I understand it's hard to go out there when looking like a small/medium/large jell-o mountain. So all kinds of props to them, but her choice of words seemed rather interesting to me.
Oh, and fat bottomed girls, apparantly, make the rockin' world go round. So, s'all good.

Go! Go! Go!

Also on the "fun"-list of fitness center happenings is a Facebook/Fitness center collaboration:
A friend of mine added "runnning" or "fitness" or something to her "sports" on Facebook. Which made her boyfriend, who's a pretty hardcore handball player, inform her that "that's not a sport, it's a pass-time interest." Funny argument ensued. And... Doesn't sound as entertaining when retold, so I'll just leave it at that.

God, I love Google. And Queen's pretty awesome, too.

After spending too much time Googling for a change, I found the site I just remembered when I was thinking about fatties running. Be Does Life, this seriously cool guy, who decided to lose weight and set goals for himself. I really admire him, and I'm not sure I'd be able to do it if I were in his shoes. He's posts before and after pictures, and... wow. Plus he's funny. Downside is, his blog isn't on blogspot, so I can't stalk him properly.
Damn.

Have a great weekend, folks!



Expecting to recieve the new Within Temptation album this Monday! YAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment