Friday, October 19, 2012

Holiday in Spain With My Parents and An Euskadi Hello

I just wanted to post a little update from Spain. Normally I wouldn't waste my precious holiday-time indoors watching tv or being on the internet, but the weather out is some home-y, that it's not that big of a problem.
I'm making it better by drinking some local wine. Supporting the local society here.

Pretty even though it was a really gray day.

I'm in Spain with my parents, driving about. We landed in Madrid on Monday, and currently we are in San Sebastián/Donostia, which is "bask" country. I'm not sure what it is called in English, but they not only speak Castillano, but also their lokal bask dialect of which I understand zero. They seem happy about x's and z's. And in (what seems like) most of the words you have at least one tx, which is pronounced "ch"-like.
I know a little Spanish from high school, and it's gradually coming back to me. It's really awesome to be able to communicate with them in "their" language.
We enjoy their local tapas called pintxos. It's an awesome way to eat, but in Denmark the health guys would've shut all those places down in less than 5 minutes.

I would put some pics in here of my own, but I forgot the thing that'll bring them from my camera to my computer at home, so that will have to wait. I'll put a couple up here when I get home.

Good stuff. Dry, yet fruity.

The Euskadi wine is nice. I quite like this one called Txomin Etxaniz (I think), which is a Txakoli (2011). It's about €8.50 or €7.50 in the local shops, and tastes like a mix of limonade and cider. The alcohol percent is 10,5%, so you can drink more of it than "normal" wine before getting drunk ;)
I'm on my third glass now. Woops...

SPLASSSSH!


Sober edit: Put in a couple of pics!

2 comments:

  1. I have also made a great site about anti procrastination. By the way, I love your website, videos, articles and pictures and so on. Keep up the good work. See ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Raykwon Deshawn.
      Thank you so much for the kind words! It really means a lot to me that you take the time to comment, I'll check out your site in a sec.
      Have a good one.

      Delete